ŒGBA is a growing firm specializing in Civil Engineering site development. We are looking for talented people capable of working and thinking independently in order to provide quality products to our clients. Our company is small and starting to grow so if you would like the opportunity to participate in building a company, consider GBA for your place of employment.
Meets with clients to establish design, vision, and intent
Understands site drainage, stormwater design and performs site grading, layout of storm sewer, and other site utilities.
Works independently while preparing and/or overseeing the preparation of permit construction drawings for review by the professional engineer.
Prepares and submits permit applications to agencies and follows through with RAI response until permit issuance.
Proactively interacts with project team.
Manages and archives project files properly.
Multi-tasks across multiple projects to maintain efficiency and work within an allocated budget and deadline.
Learns and applies new or upgraded software.
- Candidates to possess one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university and 3 years of Land Development and Permit experience specific to North Florida with an E.I.T. certificate.
- A graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma and 10 years managing and designing civil site projects in North Florida.
- Design experience using AutoCAD or MicroStation. (required)
- Technical knowledge of Civil 3D, Geopak Site, or Inroads. (preferred)
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task effectively.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering plans and topographic surveys.
- Skill in identifying discrepancies between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- An active, valid driver's license.